Hand them out around the campfire or at a party. Make a window-sill herb garden with baby food jars. Fill baby food jars with condiments for camping or a bbq. Sterilize jars and lids, and reuse baby food jars for homemade baby food.
Can I recycle baby food jars?
Is baby food packaging recyclable? Glass jars: The glass is recyclable. Separate the metal lids and follow local guidelines for recycling metals. You may need to remove and throw out the lid liner.
What can I do with empty Gerber baby food containers?
10 Ways to Upcycle Baby Food Storage Containers
- Paint all the lids. …
- Create slime or homemade playdough holders. …
- Get festive with snow globes. …
- Use for artist supplies. …
- Make magical lights. …
- Whip up adorable party favors. …
- Store your tiny things. …
- Repurpose to pack condiments or other snacks.
What can I do with little jars?
What Do You Do with Empty Glass Jars? 21 New Ideas
- Tea Light Holders. Set the mood at your next party by creating tea light holders from empty glass jars and items from your pantry. …
- Twig Vases. …
- Twine-Wrapped Jar Sets. …
- Hanging Garden Lanterns. …
- Fabric-Wrapped Jars. …
- Emergency Candles. …
- Word Jars. …
- Marquee Lighting.
Can you reseal baby food jars?
Even if you are not concerned about the contents “going bad” because they won’t be consumed, it is unwise to attempt to use the lids with the jars. They will not provide a reliable seal because you are unable to replicate the process initially used to apply them.
Can you recycle baby food jar lids?
NO Caps or Lids on Glass Bottles or Jars
Metal lids can be removed and recycled loose in the bin. Plastic lids and caps from glass bottles and jars should be thrown away.
Can you recycle Gerber plastic baby food containers?
Leading manufacturers around the world have worked hard to develop and implement easy to use packaging for food and drink, using recyclable plastics. … The new Gerber Baby Food package meets that demand perfectly, while providing a stable storage environment for the contents, and it is recyclable.
How do you make candles out of baby food jars?
diy baby food jar candles
- Clean baby food jars and get sticky stuff off. Goof Off to the rescue, don’t even bother with anything else.
- Hot glue the wicks in. Don’t buy the fancy stickers they sell, hot glue is cheaper and everyone needs a hot glue gun… …
- Heat up wax. …
- Let them cool.
What can I do with 4 oz Mason jars?
25 Unique Ways to Use Mason Jars Around Your House
- Soap Dispensers.
- Matchstick Mason Jars with Striker Lid.
- Mason Jar Herb Garden.
- Storage Container for Twine.
- Salt or Herb Shaker.
- Vintage-Vibe Mason Jar Lights.
- Chalkboard-Painted Mason Jar Pencil Holders.
- Storage Shelf.
What can I sell in a jar?
Mason Jar Crafts That Make Money
- Mason Jar Oil Candle.
- Citronella Candle.
- Beeswax Candle.
- Funfetti Soy Candle.
- Natural Lavender and Rosemary Candle.
Are reused jars airtight?
The verdict on glass containers
Good news for folks that reuse glass bottles and jars: You’re in the clear. … Just be aware that the lids that come with these jars won’t be absolutely air-tight, so they won’t be suitable for canning—but they’ll work just fine for food storage.
Can you can homemade baby food?
Canning is an option for baby food but only for certain types of fruits. Avoid canning bananas, figs, Asian pears, tomatoes, cantaloupe and other melons, papaya, ripe mango and coconut. Canning baby food requires a sieve or food mill.
Are baby food jars microwave safe?
Don’t microwave baby foods in the jar. Instead, transfer the food to a dish before microwaving it. This way the food can be stirred and taste-tested for temperature.